Junior Achievement & Lemonade Day serving Elkhart County, are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Business Legacy Gala Hall of Fame taking place Saturday, August 26, 2017 in the Crystal Ballroom at the Lerner Theatre.
The Business Legacy Gala aims to preserve and recognize the history of Elkhart while celebrating current business leaders for their influence and leadership in our community.
Last year at the inaugural Business Legacy Gala, the following movers & shakers were nominated by local peers and were recognized at the Hall of Fame Gala under the following categories:
- The Havilah Beardsley Recognition for Young Entrepreneur (under 35): Eric Kanagy
- The Guy David Gundlach Recognition for Community Impact: Craig Fulmer
- The Thomas Atkins Recognition for Minority Business Leader: Satish Shah
- The Helen Murray Free Recognition for Woman Business Leader: Becky Ball-Miller
- The Dr. Franklin Miles Recognition for Leadership in Healthcare: Jeannine Alick
- The CG Conn Recognition for Manufacturing Excellence: Tom Corson
- The Herman B. Borneman Recognition for Distribution, Retail & Logistics: Bob and Sue Miller
- The Clarence C. Moore Recognition for Technology: Basil S. Turner
- The J. Lawrence Burkholder Recognition for Leadership in Education: Merv and Dorothy Lung
- The Lifetime Achievement Award: Arthur J. Decio
A Traveling Hall of Fame was created in partnership with The Ruthmere Museum, Havilah Beardsley House and sponsored by Kem Krest. The idea is that it will travel from a requested company for a month at a time throughout Elkhart County. If you’re interested in hosting this beautiful exhibit, please let us know.
The Nomination process is now open for the 2017 Business Legacy Gala and local business and community leaders are encouraged to nominate someone who they think has made an impact in our community in the following categories: Young Entrepreneur (under 35), Community Impact, Minority Business Leader, Woman Business Leader, Leadership in Health Care, Manufacturing Excellence, Distribution / Retail / Logistics, Technology, Leadership in Education and Lifetime Achievement.
To cast your nomination, submit online at https://jalemonade.org/annual-gala/ through July 7th.
“Our success is possible because of so many before us that put Elkhart on the map and inspired us to lead our businesses here in Elkhart County. This event is an opportunity to celebrate businesses leaders while honoring our history.” states Amish Shah, Board Chair for Junior Achievement.
Join in celebrating Elkhart County’s 2nd Annual Business Hall of Fame induction on August 26th with Special Guests Tim Brown & Derrick Mayes. Business and community leaders are invited to purchase a table or individual tickets to this Black Tie event. This will also serve as the main fundraiser for Junior Achievement & Lemonade Day which supports financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and life skills training for over 6,000 students in Elkhart County.
What: Elkhart County Business Legacy Gala hosted by Junior Achievement & Lemonade Day
When: Saturday, August 26th 2017, 6:00-9:00pm
Where: Crystal Ballroom at the Lerner Theatre, Downtown Elkhart